Your team can’t adhere to standards… if there aren’t any.
Just like setting out on a long journey without a road map, building a business without an operations manual is taking a shot in the dark – hoping everything goes smoothly and you actually end up where you want to be.
Developing informative, practical and easy-to-use manuals for business owners and team members is vital to the success of your business. The manuals help ensure both short- and long-term goals are met. For this reason, creating a standards manual is one of the first and most important steps every business needs to complete.
Establish key components for your company.
An operations standards manual is required for franchises and highly recommended for all businesses. This manual allows you to establish key components of your company:
- Business Philosophy/ Beliefs
- The Business’s Culture
- Employer and Team Member Obligations
- Training, Development, Performance Improvement, and Support
- Operations and Technology
- Advertising and Marketing
- Employer/Team Member Relations
- How to Select, Lead and Manage a Team
- Human Resource Management
- Business and Financial Planning
- Forms and Checklists
Let’s create standards for your business to live and operate by.
It’s important to spend the necessary time to develop your standards manual properly. With everyone’s cooperation, the Management 2000℠ team can help you create your standards manual, usually in three to four months. We have been developing manuals since 1981 and have an easy process:
- Preparing a milestone chart detailing the major results, due dates and who is responsible for the results.
- Developing an outline showing the organization of the manual and scope of the project.
- Reviewing the existing manual and other relevant information.
- Obtaining information to supplement existing written materials through research, interviews, and meetings with designated staff. Visiting existing location[s] may be necessary.
- Writing and reviewing drafts of the manual until it is complete to your satisfaction.
If you're read to write your own rules, let's get started!